Our free teaching guide covers the range of teaching resources and workshops we offer for primary and secondary teachers to help children and young people (aged 6 – 19) learn about topics related to the British Red Cross' work.
And we've also produced a free poster for primary schools to display in their classrooms with 17 inspiring teaching ideas from the Red Cross.
What's in the guide?
- Our most popular resources on:
- humanitarianism and the Red Cross
- conflict and its consequences
- disasters and emergencies
- first aid
- refugees and migration.
- Testimonials from teachers and students who've used our resources.
- Information about workshops we offer in areas where young people are at higher risk of experiencing a crisis.
- Fundraising and volunteering ideas for young people to support the Red Cross.
What's on the poster?
- 17 engaging ideas for primary school lessons that all relate to the work of the Red Cross.
- From learning how to dial 999 to remembering World War One or empathising with refugees, there are lots of ideas to choose from.
- A3 size so you can easily print and display the poster in your classroom.
Request a free teaching pack
If you prefer, we can send you a teaching pack in the post. It includes:
- a print copy of our guide to free teaching resources and workshops
- a poster for your staffroom to signpost your teachers to our resources
- a pen, as a thank you for supporting the Red Cross.
If you're a primary school teacher, we'll also send you a free A0 copy of our 17 inspiring ideas poster.